Sunday 18 September 2016

Nautical style inspo this Autumn with Tommy Hilfiger | #TOMMYXGIGI



I'm sure everyone out there has heard of Gigi Hadid by now. (And if you haven't where have you been?!) She's an absolute stunner, super stylish, effortlessly cool and a hugely successful model. And she made an appearance as a guest judge on RuPaul's Drag Race. #Goals.

Now the 21 year old beauty has one more achievement under her belt: she's collaborated with the legendary Tommy Hilfiger to design the new #TOMMYXGIGI AW16/17 range inspired by nautical themes and fashion pieces Gigi would wear out and about.

The collection is a navy-white medley of sailor shorts, embellishments, striped sweaters, double breasted jackets, oversized knitwear and printed dresses, all of which can be combined and layered to create an abundance of effortlessly chic day to day looks.


Despite being reluctant to leave summer behind, this collection has definitely got me ready for cosy winter jackets, neutral chunky knits and autumn layers

Sadly, I'm not the sort of girl who can just buy designer clothing on a whim. Hey ho, the joys of being a newly graduated mathematician still on the hunt for a full time job or a lottery win. A girl can dream, right? I can, however, window shop and admire, and so instead I set myself a challenge: if I was given £1,500 to spend on the collection, what would I choose?



After a total imaginary spend of £1,380, I think I managed to get quite an assortment in there, don't you? The woolen coat with it's trench style shoulder/sleeve straps and waist belt is a perfect staple jacket to see you through the winter, whilst the long tea dress and silk maxi dress can carry you through the summer/autumn weather switchover with an effortlessly chic, boho look. With a cute backpack to carry your everyday essentials around and a mini bag to see you through to the night time, this selection would be a perfect start to your Autumn/Winter collection.


What do you think of the new Tommy Hilfiger collection? I'd love to know which piece is your favourite!

*This post was sponsored but all of the opinions and words are my own. And I'm currently wishing I was rich so I could treat myself.


beautybooksandbabble@gmail.com
Follow on Bloglovin' :: Follow on Twitter :: Follow on Facebook 
Follow on Instagram :: Follow on Goodreads :: Follow on Pinterest


20 comments:

  1. I think her newest collection looks so good! I want the backpack :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coat! Also the dungaree type things (oh such a fashionista Haha!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coat! Also the dungaree type things (oh such a fashionista Haha!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely items. I realy like the long line maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the nautical look range you have shown is really nice.I love the blue bag and the coat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the handbag :) (but I always love handbags)

    Great post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that wool coat! I live in Australia so it's going into summer now...but it's not like I can afford any of this anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the long flowing maxi dress. Love Tommy Hilfiger.

    www.annanuttall.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the coat and bag, it is a lovely range x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow lovely pieces here. This range is so stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I quite like the nautical theme, navy is such a nice alternative to black x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the long nautical themed tea dress, though you look like you need to be a giant to wear it x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that dress, it is beautiful! SO many nice pieces on offer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the collection but it's expensive for me though

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this collection! Gigi looks gorgeous as always. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are some beautiful items in this collection. I especially love that white jumper dress.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The new collection is so gorgeous, full of items I would be happy to wear! :)
    http://lilinhaangel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I seriously LOVE this collection. I saw it in Fenwicks earlier this week and really wish I could own the coat from it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am one of those people who has no idea who Gigi Hadid is but I do at least know Tommy Hilfiger and yep you would need a winning lottery ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow! Exactly the shade of hue I want to wear. I love the Long Military Wool Coat and the Nautical Backpack!

    ReplyDelete