Wednesday 9 March 2016

Stepping into Spring with the Lush York blogger event



Once again, Spring is upon us, and with Spring comes a new range of wonderfully colourful Lush products. The store in York took this as an opportunity to have their very first blogger event to which a few lucky bloggers were invited (yes, even little old me!). I had an incredible time at the Lush Hull event last year, so when Lush York contacted me to invite me to a fun-filled night of bath bombs, luscious scents and great company, how on earth could I refuse?!

After catching the train to York, the evening didn't get off to the smoothest of starts as I found myself pacing around York with no clue where to go. Trusty Google maps was not so trusty that night! Luckily, with the help of the Lush staff and my friend Charlotte, I was located and guided to the event where the Lush staff were incredibly warm and welcoming, and I instantly felt at ease.


We were quickly thrown into the fun as we played with Fun (and yes, it was fun), and attempted to make something inspired by Alice in Wonderland. Whilst I put together a slightly fat faced rabbit, people around me created beautiful top hats, toadstools, cats and more, which made for a bright array of art. Yes, we're allowed to call it art!

Throughout the sculpting session, each of us uploaded an Instagram photo in a race to receive the most likes and win a prize. Whilst we eagerly waited, we were introduced to one another over some nibbles and drinks before taking a look at everyone's creations.

After having a little giggle at the fun figures, the ice was well and truly broken, and we were then introduced to the vibrant new gift sets that graced the shelves. I wanted to take each and every one home, though unfortunately my bank balance wouldn't allow it.


After swooning over the bright, colourful shelves of wonderfulness, we began stopping at different stations around the store to view bits and pieces of the Spring, Easter and Mother's Day products in action. I can safely say I fell more and more in love with the collection as I witnessed each vibrant demonstration.


I was super excited to see the Golden Egg make it's return, along with the Bunch of Carrots, which returned with a new multi-coloured look. We also spent a bit of time debating whether Humpty Dumpty was a cute little chap or a small sinister egg. I'll let you guys decide, but he must have won me over because the little fella came home with me!


After all of the bright demonstrations, the fun games and the gorgeous smells making their way into our happy noses, we were all left feeling hyped up and pretty much looking like the love heart eyes emoji. The winner of the Instagram competition was announced (it was me guys - my followers did me proud!), and we were the let loose in the shop to browse the stock a little closer, have some personal chats with the staff, and spend our pennies. I did a lot of the latter, but you'll have to keep your eyes peeled for what I bought in another post!


As if all of that wasn't enough, each and every blogger was handed a goodie bag as they sipped the rest of their drinks, gathered their things and said their goodbyes. I'm going to keep the contents of the bag to myself until I write my Lush York haul post, but I can tell you one thing - they were pretty bloody awesome.

I'd like to say a humongous thank you to the Lush girls for being so flippin' marvellous and putting on a cracking evening for us all. I felt so at ease and had a truly fab night with some wonderful bloggers.

I'd love to know which of the Spring products are your favourite. Let me know in the comments below!


beautybooksandbabble@gmail.com
Follow on Bloglovin' :: Follow on Twitter :: Follow on Facebook 
Follow on Instagram :: Follow on Goodreads :: Follow on Pinterest


13 comments:

  1. Ah sounds like an amazing night! I've never check out the Spring collection so I am excited to see it in store this weekend! So much colour in the products! I wish spring was here in the weather now too! :)
    haveyouseenhowshespeaks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so bright aren't they? It's like they instantly make you happy before you even use them haha. :D xx

      Ashton | Beauty, Books and Babble

      Delete
  2. After the way Lush Liverpool treated me, and the way their customer service was horrid with me, all because I use a wheelchair - I will never shop at Lush again. I am a total Bomb Cosmetics girl now! <3 <3

    It seems like you had a really wonderful day though babe so I'm really happy about that for you :)

    With love, Alisha Valerie xo.
    http://alishavalerie.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/saidbyalisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that! :( I've personally only used the Hull and York stores, and they've all been wonderful there. Fingers crossed you get better service next time if you try again. <3 xx

      Ashton | Beauty, Books and Babble

      Delete
  3. Aww sounds like so much fun! I am loving the Ladybird bubble bar, the Yummy Mummy shower cream and the Fluffy Egg bath bomb. TBH, Lush done good with their Spring collection! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love their Spring collection, it's always so bright and fresh! The Golden Egg definitely stands as my favourite though I think, same as it did last year. :D xx

      Ashton | Beauty, Books and Babble

      Delete
  4. I went to Lush Chester's Halloween launch last year - they're always so much fun and they really seem to work on making everyone feel at ease with eachother, which is so nice. I really love this collection, but I do think humpty dumpty looks a little creepy!

    Sammy xo.

    www.littlefickle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do don't they? It's like you've known them for ages once you're there. :D Humpty is the prettiest of guys but he sure does smell good. ;) xx

      Ashton | Beauty, Books and Babble

      Delete
  5. Ah Lush is one of my favourite places to shop & I especially love the ranges they bring out for holidays :) xx

    www.hello-cat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, you can't beat walking into a Lush store and all the scents hitting you! <3 xx

      Ashton | Beauty, Books and Babble

      Delete
  6. Ah it was such a lovely event! I love lush so much and practically emptied my bank account that night ha! Gorgeous photos x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah same, I bought so so much it's unreal haha! Totally worth it though. ;) xx

      Ashton | Beauty, Books and Babble

      Delete
  7. This looks like such an amazing opportunity, you're super lucky!

    Jodie @ Jodetopia x

    ReplyDelete