Tuesday 10 February 2015

Liebster Award




The Liebster Award is a tag post for bloggers to share a little about themselves and then nominate others to do the same. It's a great way to meet new people and find blogs you may have otherwise not come across. I was lucky enough to get nominated by two different people: Helen @ Jumblebug, and Emily @ Far From Vogue. Thank you so much. I will be using Emily's post for now, since hers is more recent. :)


What are the rules?
Link the person that nominated you.
Answer all the questions given.
Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 200 bloglovin followers.
Create 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
Notify all the other nominees through social media/their blog.

Simple enough, though I maybe won't be able to find 11 blogs to nominate, though I will try my best! So here are the questions Emily asked...

1. Why did you start blogging?
I've always enjoyed reading blogs, though never really thought I would make a good blogger. I began using Goodreads to post book reviews, and discovered a lovely book blogging community on Twitter, and so couldn't resist starting my own!

2. Favourite perfume/body spray?
Wow, there are so so many that I like... I'm seriously perfume mad! Two perfumes I continue to buy and buy again though are Jimmy Choo and Marc Jacobs Lola. (Well, I say buy. I mean ask my boyfriend to get me them for birthdays/Christmas!). They're both gorgeous fragrances that continue to linger on my clothes through the day.

3. Favourite nail polish?
Hmmmm, nothing in particular really jumping to mind. Anything pastel though! I absolutely love pastel nail polishes.

4. Books or eBooks?
Books, books, books. Absolutely. Don't get me wrong, I love reading my Kindle in bed at night with the light off, but there's nothing better than the smell of books, and the feeling of the pages in your hand. And they look pretty awesome on a bookshelf.

5. All time favourite place in the world?
Argh, this is so darn tough! I've had so many amazing experiences in so many incredible places, and they're all springing to mind right now. Bit of a soppy answer I suppose, but I think it's the people you're with rather than the place.

6. Movie(s) that made you cry?
Well, I think the easier question to ask me would be what hasn't made me cry?! I'm a self confessed cry baby over absolutely everything. Quite obviously, The Notebook never fails to make me sob, along with pretty much every single Disney film. I even cried at the end of the recent Batman trilogy, simply because it ended so epically. Seriously. Cry baby.

7. Favourite High Street shop?
New Look is definitely one of my favourites... maybe that's just because I have a store card and so don't have to empty my purse straight away, haha.

8. Tumblr or Pinterest?
Erm, neither? I was completely obsessed with Tumblr last year, but no longer use it. On the other hand, I've never really used Pinterest though am currently trying to get the hang of it. So they're kind of even at the minute!

9. First celebrity crush you had?
Ooooo, first ever? That's so hard because I can barely remember who I fancied last week, never mind 15 years ago! I do remember having a major crush on Michael Owen when I was about 5. There was a book about him on the shelf in my class and I used to look through it all the time... so yeah, quite possibly Michael Owen!

10. Hidden talent?
People are usually quite surprised to find I'm a maths whizz, though I wouldn't say that's so much hidden since I study it at university. Maybe the fact I can get both of my legs behind my head. Picture a pretzel... yup.

11. England or America and why?
I sometimes think people fail to realise how wonderful England is. Then again my trip to America was amazing, I think the answer would depend on the context of the question. I would choose to live in England, and then visit America.... is that allowed? ;)

The blogs I am nominating are...
Alba in Bookland
Becca's Books
Elementaread
Esse Hearts
Paris Baker's Book Nook
Soup Monkeys

And the questions I am going to ask are...
1. What do you enjoy about blogging?
2. Is there a book you've recently read that sticks in your mind?
3. What's your favourite thing to eat?
4. Do you have an odd or surprising hobby?
5. If I told you to plan a holiday where money is no issue, where would you go?
6. Wild nights on the town or cosy nights in with pyjamas?
7. Are there any TV series you're addicted to, current or past?
8. Do you have a plan in case of a zombie apocalypse?
9. If you could only use one make-up item, what would it be?
10. Summer or winter?
11. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

2 comments:

  1. The smell of books is everything!

    Thanks so much for the nomination x

    Sharan | essehearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your answers :)
    Emily xx

    ReplyDelete