Thursday 16 June 2016

"Okay, wait, so bloggers actually PAY for followers?!"



It's no secret that followers can be bought on the Internet. I often have people favourite my tweets or Instagram photos with the display name "BuY Mør3 f0LL0ŵëRżŽ"... Umm, nah, you're alright, pal. But is it true? Do bloggers actually pay for their followers? The answer is yes.

Yes they do.

They pay in hard work, effort and dedication. They pay in late nights finalising posts and long days waiting for the sun so they can get the perfect photo. They pay in trying to wrap their head around HTML, CSS, no-follow links and SEO. (Gah, I'm still clueless about the SEO.)

They pay in the small investments: that expensive lipstick they want to try and review, that logo design they just paid for to get the look they want. The posh camera they've been eyeing up and have finally bitten the bullet and gone for (lol, indirect @me), or that domain name they're so glad they have, at last.

They pay in their interaction, their creativity, their open honesty, their friendliness, their helpfulness (because I know I'd be nowhere without a little help from other bloggers!).

They pay in the train tickets to events, and overcoming their nerves and anxiety when meeting other bloggers.

And yes, some pay with cash.

But that's their perogative and they'll get busted eventually. Even Rita Ora didn't get away with that and dropped herself in it a couple of years ago when she asked for 100,000 retweets and ended up with just 2,000... Yup, she was busted with over one million fake followers.

For me, no. Who wants followers that don't interact? Not me.

So when you hear about bloggers paying for followers, think instead about those that have paid with their blood, sweat and tears. Cos let me tell ya: blogging isn't as easy and pristine as it looks from the outside. But man, it's worth it! 👌🏽

What do you think about people buying their followers? Do you think it's something you'd consider?



beautybooksandbabble@gmail.com
Follow on Bloglovin' :: Follow on Twitter :: Follow on Facebook 
Follow on Instagram :: Follow on Goodreads :: Follow on Pinterest


5 comments:

  1. I am actually planning a post at the minute about whether buying followers is worth it (although it's taking a while because I don't want to come off as rude). The positives I can take from not buying them is that I don't have the embarrassment of losing 1000s of followers when the inevitable clear out happens, and that every single follower I have I have earned. The process of gaining is slow, but it's worth it. And I'd rather spend my money on a new palette to review than on 100 new followers anyway.

    Sophie x | Essential Twenty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely LOVING your layout Ashton, it's incredible! :D
    I totally don't get why this happens, especially when so many of us work so hard to produce content like you said. I just attempt to not let it phase and direct my work, it happens after all :)

    Emmie | www.carpediememmie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never buy followers! Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have over a huge number of followers. Who wouldn't? But I'd much rather have a smaller number of followers who actually interact, and who follow because they like me/my blog/both. And I totally agree - blogging sure ain't as easy as it looks! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could never buy followers and I don't judge people at all that do but my blog is my hobby and I would only want people reading it that actually wanted too. I'd rather have no followers than 2000 who don't care about the content I post. Great post!xo

    http://57-days.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have said all along that I would rather have 5 followers that interact with me and become friends etc than have 5 million that either never interact or give me the basic "great post follow me back" comment

    ReplyDelete