Monday 13 June 2016

Down the rabbit hole to a Mad Hatter Afternoon Tea with Hallmark Hotel



If you like Disney, food and cute things (and who doesn't?!), then you will love today's post. A couple of weeks ago, some of my fave Hull bloggers and I were invited to try an Alice in Wonderland afternoon tea at the Hallmark Hotel in Hull, and being an afternoon tea virgin (shocking, I know), I couldn't wait to get stuck in and try everything out.

The lovely staff guided us outside as soon as we got there, and we couldn't have chosen a better day to meet up for our afternoon tea. The sun was beaming down on us all afternoon and we had to most spectacular view of the Humber Bridge and the surroundings. 




We were soon presented with a glass of bubbly*, and after admiring the cute table decor and finishing off our outfits with some complimentary rabbit ears, we found ourselves being presented with mini picnic benches full of delicious Alice inspired nibbles* which were totally Instagram worthy!

After swooning over the playing card sandwiches, the mushroom meringues, savoury toadstools and the mini "drink me" bottles, we all took an excessive amount of photos (quite naturally, since we were all bloggers) and began digging in to the cutest grub we've ever seen, all accompanied with pots of tea!








We definitely became the centre of attention as other guests on the balcony couldn't help but look over at our colourful table of treats. Included in the smorgasbord of incredibly adorable and endearing nibbles was:

Assorted finger sandwiches consisting of ham and pickle, cucumber and cream cheese, cheese and chutney, and egg mayo and rocket
Homemade mushroom meringues
Savoury scotch eggs (the biggest I've ever seen!)
Boiled egg and tomato toadstools
Freshly baked scones with strawberry jam, lemon curd and Devonshire clotted cream
Strawberry 'drink me' syrup
'Eat me' popping candy cupcakes
Pots of tea or coffee

The strawberry syrup was my favourite thing on the menu - they were super sweet not just in aesthetics but in taste too, and made for a perfect accompaniment to the sunshine. The clotted cream was particularly yummy too!

The afternoon tea comes in at £17.50, which is an incredibly reasonable price as the food was actually very filling, and I'd definitely love to go back again one day, though sadly I am a (very!) fussy eater and don't think I'd quite get my money's worth.


I had such a wonderful afternoon out in the sun with some of my favourite girls, and I also would like to note how lovely the staff were. The chef even made an appearance to chat to us and find out what we thought - needless to say, all of the feedback was good!

A huge thank you goes to Hallmark Hotels for having us for the afternoon and putting on such a sweet display and a delectable menu. 

Are you an afternoon tea virgin like I was? What do you think of the Mad Hatter Afternoon Tea? 

*The afternoon tea was provided for free in exchange for a review, but all opinions are 100% mine - I bloody well loved it!


beautybooksandbabble@gmail.com
Follow on Bloglovin' :: Follow on Twitter :: Follow on Facebook 
Follow on Instagram :: Follow on Goodreads :: Follow on Pinterest


5 comments:

  1. It looked like an incredible event.

    www.mydailywear.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find out your chemistry salutation from online, first time you have to know online browse and then you could take online chemistry help. I know maximum person will do well it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this looks amazing! I would love this! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love afternoon tea! This one looked amazing, I loved all the cute Alice themed stuff. Great post!

    Ella xx
    www.inellaselement.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing! I am a little bit obsessed with alice in wonderland and if I wasn't already married I had decided I would have a mad hatter tea party wedding :) May just have to be a birthday party at some point instead ...

    Charlotte | www.discoveringcharlotte.co.uk

    ReplyDelete